Session 1 – Shipbuilding Market Review
Keynote Speaker: Stavros Hatzigrigoris, Managing Director, Maran Tankers Management Inc
- Expectations for the design and the operation of Future Ships. Is now the time for fleet renewal?
Jean Richards, CEO, SecondWind Shipping Limited; Director, Quantum Shipping Services Ltd
- When will financing again become available?
Marco Collyer, Consultant, Petrobras
- Availability of low sulphur fuel oils
Ned Leary, Risk Marketing – Regional Team Leader, Shell International Trading and Shipping Company Ltd
- Availability of distillates
Maurya Falkner, Onwer, MBF Consulting
- Understanding the Complex U.S. Federal and State ballast water management regulations
Session 2 – Green Technical Solutions
Panos Zachariadis, Technical Director, Atlantic Bulk Carriers Management Ltd
- Green Design: Don't forget the basics!
Odin Ohyig Kwon, Vice President, Leader of Basic Design, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering
- Desing of LNG ships for operation in harsh environment
Odin Ohyig Kwon.pdf
Jae Su Kim, Principal Engineer / Marine Engineering, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co, Ltd
- LNG fuel propulsion
Jae Su Kim.pdf
Paul Harrold, Technology Manager & Energy Lubricants, Castrol Marine
- Cylinder oil solutions for current/future vessels operations
Dragos Rauta, Technical Director, INTERTANKO
- Compliance with ECA in 2015 – are there alternative options for the owners?
Tim Wilkins, Senior Manager, Environment, INTERTANKO
- INTERTANKO's View on the Challenges of Ballast Water Management
Session 3 – Classification Societies Contribution in providing efficient and environmentally friendly seatransportation
John Kokarakis, Vice President of Technology and Business Development, ABS Europe
- The effect of slow speed on the environment and the newbuilding market
Hector Sewell, Head of Marine Business Development, Lloyd's Register
- The role of Classification Societies in fresh newbuilding projects
Jan Koren, Director for Tankers, Det Norske Veritas
- Will more efficient ship designs accelerate scrapping?
Andrea Cogliolo, Sector Manager, Innovation & Research, RINA
- Impact of EEDI on future ro-ro pax, ro-ro cargo and vehicle carriers
Bruno Dabouis, Vice President, Marine Division, Bureau Veritas
- FSRU ships, will they dominate the LNG market? Pros and cons
Jan-Olaf Probst, Executive Vice President Ship Newbuilding Division, Germanischer Lloyd
- Will giga / slower container ships revail? The technical issues